Get educational study guides, transcripts, screening resources, and more.
Australian Study Guide
From Australia comes a Study Guide created by ATOM, through its publications arm (Metro Magazine and Australian Screen Education). Metro Magazine has a team of curriculum experts from all areas who view the programs and recommend what years and subject areas are appropriate for particular programs.
The Corporation is a stimulating and challenging documentary suitable for senior secondary students of:
- Civics and Citizenship
- Legal Studies
- Ethical, Moral and Religious Studies
- Australian Studies
- Business Studies
- Media Studies
Ivey Publishing Business School Curriculum
This study guide is prepared by Dr. Tima Bansal for the Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario to provide material for class discussion. At the Ivey Business School, this film is part of the teaching materials for a core MBA curriculum course called Individuals, Corporations and Society (ICS).
Framework For Measuring The Social Impact of Canadian Documentaries
In 2004, the Documentary Policy Advisory Group commissioned ERIN Research to develop a measurement framework that would estimate the social and cultural impact of Canadian documentaries. The framework was grounded in an analysis of seven representative Canadian documentaries and a review of the literature.
The selected films chosen as case studies are: The Corporation, Silence of the Strings, FIX: Story of an Addicted City, Kanehsatake, Squat!, L’Erreur boréale and Qulliq.
Film & Press Resources
The Corporation Film Press Kit
This 21 page document from when the film was released includes an interview with the filmmakers from P.O.V. magazine.
Who's Who in The Corporation
A 2-page document listing all the interviewees in the film.
For the 2-disc special edition DVD, there are summaries on the individual chapters of the film, as well as an index of all the extra footage featured in the “Topical Paradise” section. You can also get every single transcript of all 8 hours of footage – the film and disc 2’s wealth of interview material organized by person or topic.
- DVD Chapter Summaries – Short summaries of each of the film’s 23 chapters.
- DVD Topic Summaries – A list of all of disc 2’s extra footage organized by topic so you can select the clips that interest you most.
- Film Transcript – Part 1 and Part 2
- Transcripts by Topic – Transcripts for disc 2’s topical paradise. Zip file of individual pdfs.
- Transcripts by Person – Transcripts of disc 2’s interview footage by person. Zip file of individual pdfs.
Interview with director Mark Achbar | DOC THIS (2011)
Interview with Mark Achbar, the director of The Corporation from 2011. Some great sound bites and info on both the documentary and filmmaking.
Screenings & Campaign Resources
The Corporation Screening Guide
We put together this guide for the 10th anniversary of the film for anyone planning to host a screening, but a lot has changed since then. Screenings have mostly moved to virtual settings and our impact partner, Cool.World, has a platform to set up a ticketed event page and collect donations for online screenings.
We began emailing newsletters to our network of supporters in 2004. In April 2007, we produced the inaugural issue of our News of the Cool e-zine, a joint effort with The Corporation’s grassroots team, Hello Cool World.
Archived newsletters may contain email addresses and reference websites that are discontinued.
- September 2004 Newsletter – Premier Edition
- October 2004 Newsletter – UK & Ireland Edition
- Michael & Me – An article by Mark Achbar on Michael Moore
- Pitching The Corporation – Article by Joel Bakan about getting the film made.
- Interview Aesthetics – Article by Mark Achbar about the shooting process.]
- Truly a Vanity Fair – Article by Mark Achbar about Oscar’s big Vanity Fair party.